Tuesday, December 28, 2010


Jimmy Jamez and Sindy Rush, are an up and coming brother and sister duo that are involved in production, song writing, and movies. They have been carving their own place in the music and entertainment world for the last eight years.

Jimmy Jamez owns Mannequin Boy Records and is now producing 10 different artists. He is now working with one of his artists, a playboy playmate, on a music video through an LA connection; Midnight productions. He owns a studio and the success of his business can only be credited through his own hard work and networking skills.

Jimmy told me "I hate to say that we make business connections 'in da club' but that's how Miami works".

Sindy is a sweet young girl with a bubbly personality, a pretty face, and an infectious smile, but if you're looking for another empty headed blonde look again. She is just as diligent as her older brother. She started off as a girl in Colombia passionate about music.

She told me "I loved rock especially Bon Jovi and Guns and Roses."

When she moved to Miami it didn't take her long to begin writing her own songs and collaborating with Kevin Rudolph.

"I love Kevin and I love what he is doing right now. I feel inspired by his success, kinda like he's part of my graduating class in music."

After some time cutting her teeth in different studios she found herself working with The Roots' ex-keyboardist Scott Storch, now owner of Tuff Jew Productions LLC.

"The issue I had with a lot of different studios was that I wasn't being given a chance to do my own songs," saying this in a way where you could tell she didn't feel like a free musician. With Scott things changed, they did a couple of songs and she was involved along the way. "I had a lot of fun working with Scott... for me it felt like I had opened the first door into what was to be my future in music". (They eventually split ways because of the direction he wanted to take her music.)

Through Scott she has established relations with some heavy hitters including the Maloof family. If you don't know who they are wikipedia them, in short, they are fucking huge. At the young age of 22, Sindy has more work experience in this business than is to be expected. She has seen the industries good and bad sides, and more impressively has turned down the invitation to immediate fame and fortune, refusing to become just another pop puppet. She continues to expand on her own talent and defining her own individuality. She emphasized,

"What sucks is when people that you trust begin to manipulate your career behind your back."

She can be seen on the big screen this fall in the horror flick "The Bleeding" alongside DMX, as the character "Katya."

I asked her, "what was it like working alongside DMX"

She responded, "DMX was great, talking to him you can tell he was down to earth and I really admire that."

When I asked her, "are you nervous about the film," it was obvious that she was dripping with excitement, and why wouldn't she be? Sindy and Jimmy are on their way up and have no plans to slow down.

Sindy finished the interview by saying, "We are learning a lot and plan to continue to move forward... we're at an exciting time right now."

No comments:

Post a Comment